Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Break


My Thanksgiving break was jammed pack full of family, friends, events and unfortunately a ton of homework.

My break began by having a family reunion with my dad’s side of the family, which includes the ONU President. We had a great dinner and went to the Holiday Spectacular. I had never been to the Holiday Spectacular before and it was fantastic! 

The next day I caught up with my best friend from home and got dinner with her at Nagoya, which is a Japanese steakhouse and one of my favorite restaurants. We also spent hours talking at her house just like we did in high school. We see each other a lot less as we get older, but every time we are together it is like nothing has ever changed.

The next few days were spent getting homework done… gross, right? Now, this is partially my fault since I could have rallied and finished my homework before break. Though, before break I had zero motivation and it was a struggle to get anything accomplished.

On Wednesday I traveled to my lake house to meet my family members for Thanksgiving. In total there was 17 family members and we were combined representing the West Coast, East Coast and of course the Midwest. My house was jam packed, but it was a great family gathering and there was too much food to imagine.

My last night of break consisted of Chipotle, Starbucks and watching Christmas movies while putting up my Christmas tree with my boyfriend.

Overall, it was a great break and time well spent in my mind. Now to get through the final three weeks until Christmas break.

Let the countdown begin!



1 comment:

  1. Mariah, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I'm sorry about the homework, but I completely understand. I worked every single day while I was home except for Thanksgiving and Saturday when I had more family over for a second Thanksgiving celebration. The countdown for Christmas is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete