Saturday, November 1, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Halloween was last night, so I of course had to blog about my last Halloween in college.

To start off the festivities, Ada had their annual trick-or-treat on Thursday night. This year, I have my own house off campus, so I was able to pass out candy to the trick-or-treaters. I saw costumes from ninjas, to Frozen characters,  to bumblebees. It made me feel entirely too old because I feel like it was just yesterday when I was wondering around the neighborhood carrying my pillowcase with all my friends.

Then it was time for Halloween, which I think should qualify students to have the day off, but at least I got candy from some of my professors. After class I watched scary movies with my roommates and ate my weight in candy. Then it was time to put my Halloween costume on and be someone else for the night. 

I have always been a firm believer of creativity in Halloween costumes instead of buying the store bought and expensive costumes. This year, my boyfriend and I decided to dress up as Wall-E and Eve from the Pixar movie Wall-E. Wall-e and Eve are both robots, so not only was I be able to be someone else for the night, but also an entire different species. That is if you count robots as a species. 

The costumes were pretty easy because all I needed for mine was white clothing, blue glasses, and a picture of a plant. My entire costume cost me about four dollars since I already owned mostly what I needed. My boyfriends costume was a shirt that I painted and printable glasses. His costume cost a total of five dollars. Maybe when I have a real job and have real Halloween events to attend, I’ll splurge on store bought costumes, but for now I’ll stick with my creativity and Pinterest finds.


On a side note, it snowed in Ada on Halloween. It went straight from Halloween excitement to Christmas excitement! 



1 comment:

  1. Mariah,
    I ate at El Campo on Thursday evening and I was fortunate enough to see the little trick-or-treaters in town. I live on campus and seeing the kids go from house to house definitely made we wish I lived off campus so I could pass out candy. Also, I first saw your Wall-E and Eve picture on Instagram and I have to tell you how adorable you guys look. I am really impressed that you were able to made both costumes so cheaply yet accurately. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete