Sunday, November 23, 2014

Preparing For Thanksgiving

If you haven't guessed from my blogs, I want to be an event planner. My family sometimes takes advantage of my skills and makes me plan our holiday events. My family always hosts Thanksgiving at our house and this year we are having about 17 people in attendance. Needless to say, my parents are stressed and want everything to be perfect.

Since I have been more focused on school, I haven’t thought of anything extravagant for Thanksgiving, but I have thought of a few DIY projects I can easily create before Thanksgiving.

The first DIY project is name placeholders. With 17 people in one dinning room, name placeholders are important so everyone is seated quickly and without any dispute. Now, with 17 people I had to think logically. There are so many cute ideas on Pinterest, like using tiny pumpkins, but in reality I am not buying 17 tiny pumpkins.

Instead, I am creating simple cardstock name placeholders. Pinterest is full of free templates you can easily download and personalize. I am thinking about using the one below.



The second DIY project is all about burlap, burlap and more burlap. I think burlap is perfect for Thanksgiving because it is so rustic and works beautiful with the colors. One idea I really like is a monogrammed burlap table runner. Burlap is very cheap and can easily be found at any craft store. For this project, all you need to do is draw your initial with a Sharpie at the end of the burlap as seen in the picture below. It is literally the most non-crafty and lazy DIY project, but I think it adds a simple and elegant touch.



My last DIY project is painting wine bottles, such as the picture below. I have no reason behind doing this other than I think it's really cute. 


All of these projects are super simple, but extremely cheap and quick to make. Even though I would love to go all out, I just don’t have the time this year. Maybe next Thanksgiving when I am out working I will blog about the most extravagant Thanksgiving ever.

Do you have any DIY Thanksgiving ideas?



1 comment:

  1. Mariah, I love these DIY ideas. I wish I would have seen this post sooner so I would have had time to make them over my break. It sounds like your Thanksgiving was probably very busy. I hope you had time to relax as well!

    ReplyDelete