Monday, September 22, 2014

Family Day

This Saturday was Family Day at ONU and it was a great experience! I am a senior this year and my family has never come for Family Day. I didn’t want to miss out on the opportunity, so they were fortunately able to make it to Ada for the day.

In addition, many of the Family Day events are organized by SPC, so I also had the opportunity to spend my first Family Day as the president of SPC. In the past, Family Day was on a weekend of a home football game. However, ONU’s football team now does not have a home football game until usually Homecoming. Therefore, SPC wanted to have Family Day on the day of the Harvest and Herb Fest, which not only is fun for ONU, but also helps out the Ada Community.

My family loved the Harvest and Herb Fest and my two nephews and niece loved eating all of the fair type food, especially kettle corn! After a wonderful day spent with my family, I had to get ready for the final SPC event of the night, Six Appeal!

Six Appeal is a vocal ensemble group from Minnesota that has a comedic flair and a great amount of energy. They performed in Presser Hall and every seat was full. Six Appeal uses no instruments and is solely an a cappella group. They sing renditions of classics, top hits and original songs. Six Appeal made the night a great experience and I loved getting to know them!

“Six Appeal was amazing and should definitely be brought back to ONU”

“Such a great show. “


“Aca-Awesome!”


1 comment:

  1. Mariah, it is so great that your family got to spend your senior year family day with you. I was so glad to hear that Six Appeal was a success. I was upset I had to miss out, but not surprised it went so well. Good job, president.

    ReplyDelete