Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Interview with Amber LeSage




This summer I had the privilege of interning at Lakeside Chautauqua in Lakeside, Ohio. Lakeside Chautauqua is located on Lake Erie and is a historic community that offers spiritual opportunities, educational lectures, cultural arts performances and recreational activities during the 10-week Chautauqua season. I was one of 14 interns in the Lakeside Leadership Academy, which consisted of interns from all different departments. I was one of the three Conference and Event Planning interns for this summer under the Director of Conference and Event Planning, Amber LeSage.

Amber taught me so much over the summer that I have been unable to fully learn in classes because event planning is not typically taught in the classroom. However, I was very busy over the summer with my internship and never got the chance to ask Amber more about the event planning field as a whole and her thoughts and opinions.

My podcast is based on Amber's views and thoughts of the event planning industry and event planning in general. I hope to one day make event planning a career and I know I can accomplish this with following the advice Amber has given me.




2 comments:

  1. Mariah, I really enjoyed hearing your podcast, because I have always had an interest in event marketing. I couldn’t believe that she had planned over 500 events in the year! I could not imagine the amount of organization and planning that would involve. I also found your last question extremely useful as I job hunt these next few months. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith, thanks for listening to my podcast and sharing your comments. I definitely recommend event marketing and event planning. It is a great career and you typically have fun doing it. Amber actually loves planning over 500 events, but it is because she is so organized. Let me know if you would like further information on a career in the world of events!

    ReplyDelete