Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Finding Jobs in Real-Time

I am a senior and on track to graduate in May 2015. With that said, I am on the lookout for jobs and figuring out what I want to do as a career.

I normally look at jobs on websites such as Indeed, Monster and Career Builder. While the sites are professional and reliable, they can be timely and cumbersome.

In the book, “Real-Time Marketing & PR” it discusses how Hollister uses real-time to recruit employees. In this case, Hollister is not the popular teen clothing brand, but instead a Masssachusetts-based recruiter engaging in “Recruiting 2.0.”

Hollister engages potential candidates through Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Blogs in the Boston area. Hollister has professional networking communities for different career fields. For example, Hollister has a professional networking community on Facebook called Boston HR and on Twitter @BostonHiring.



Hollister recruiters easily have easy access to candidates by simply tweeting or posting something like “Boston hot PR job” and candidates interested in PR will apply. According to the book, sites like Monster have limitations because there isn’t a sense of urgency like there is on social media.

Hollister gets paid by companies who use their services to find candidates quickly and efficiently. The Recruitng 2.0 stragety aims to engage candates in real-time and place them in positions quickly.


In my job search, I hope I will be able to utilize social media in aiding me to find my dream position!


No comments:

Post a Comment