Saturday, August 30, 2014

Tie the Knot


This summer I had the privilege of being the Conference and Event Planning Intern at Lakeside Chautauqua.  Before my internship I had decided wedding planning was not for me based on past experiences working in the field. However, part of my internship did include planning weddings and my boss thought I had a great skill level for it. Therefore, I was assigned several weddings to plan on my own.

Going into my internship I had worked a bridal show, a few weddings, and had basic knowledge of what goes into the planning process, but found myself struggling to answer all of the questions I was asked by a bride or the family. I turned to research and found my saving grace of the knot.com.
    
The Knot website is the most-trafficked wedding planning site because of the vast amount of information to help with every step of wedding planning. There are many different functions to the site, so I will only name my favorites. First, is a gown gallery with more than 20,000 to view and search. Second, there is a function similar to Pinterest that allows the user to look up ideas and pictures.  Third, there are tools such as a checklist, budget guide, guest list manager, and wedding page builder.  Lastly, there is a function that allows you to view local florists, photographers, reception sites, etc in a city closest to the user.
   
I found myself studying the knot.com every chance I could get and making sure to refer all brides to the site and all of its functions. Not only does the knot.com have different functions, but it also serves as a social media site. There is a community of personal profiles, blogs, boards, and member web pages that the user can access to receive advice, ask questions, and find out what other brides are doing for their weddings.

The knot.com also features their own blog with current trends and hot topics of the wedding industry. My recent favorite blog is “9 New Fall Wedding Trends We Love Right Now!” Read all about it at The Knot Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment